Did you know that you can color your modeling paste? Just like you can color gel medium, you can color your modeling paste too. It's a softer color because the paste is opaque, but I've become obsessed with coloring my modeling paste lately. I've also become obsessed with the new trend of rose gold colors.
Related Tutorials: How I created the background from a hot mess
This is super easy to do too. You just mix a few colors until you have the color you want. So fun!!! I want to note that you will get a different effect depending on what medium or modeling paste you use. The light modeling paste has a fiber consistency and it gives the metallics a pretty glimmer.
- STEP ONE: scoop out some of the modeling paste onto you palette.
- STEP TWO: add a few drops of gold metallic ink or acrylic paint and mix it in using your palette knife
- STEP THREE: add a bit of copper metallic ink or acrylic paint and mix it in using your palette knife.
- STEP FOUR: repeat steps two and three, if needed, until you're happy with the color.
- STEP FIVE: once you are happy put some on your knife and spread it over a stencil like you are frosting a cake.
- STEP SIX: lift up your stencil and let the modeling paste dry.
I finally feel like I'm getting closer to finishing this spread. I totally love this stencil with the Proverbs 31 verse. I'm totally going to be using it over and over again!
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links. I will receive a small commission on purchases made, using my link. Thank you for your continued support so I can continue to provide tutorials and inspiration!