This Naptime Diaries Advent Devotional is SO GOOD! It's really had me think a lot. It's like they are talking just to me and nobody else. Do you ever feel that way? This is exactly why I'm very thankful that I'm putting the calendar cards in a mini art journal album. It will be so good to look at it over and over again to fix my eyes on Jesus.
I'm excited to share my advent art journal with you as well as some thoughts from the devotional. Be sure to also check out Shanna Noel's and Stephanie Ackerman's blog today too, as they update us on their time in the devotional.
- DAY FOUR: oh gosh, seriously all I could think of was this past year and all that's happened since last January. I totally feel like the tine, scared, unknown, and weak girl that God is using. He's definitely proved to me that he's been with me all along this road, rocky and smooth. Thank you Jesus for loving me so much and making me take leaps of faith this year!
- DAY FIVE: "God brings forth that which HE names. He delivers his promises. He is faithful. He is loving. He has good things waiting with my name attached to them." I just had to write out that last paragraph of the devotional, AMEN!
- DAY SIX: This was such an awesome illustration with the carrot. Lord, I pray I will will BE FRUIT to my friends and family and neighbors both near and far!
- DAY SEVEN: Gosh, this hit me hard! "Let the Spirit move and let the Lord talk to you. Pause and just consider." This was so convicting and sweet. Thanks Jess for the reminder!
- DAY EIGHT: I LOVE my dad and I'm so very thankful for such a sweet and loving earthly example growing up. I'm so very thankful that he introduced me to my heavenly Father who loves me even more. I just LOVED this whole section of the devotional and had to write it down. I love rewriting things, it really helps it to sink in. Thank you Abba Father for loving me so much!
- DAY NINE: CRAZY LOVE - it always brings me to tears when I really think about how he sacrificed his life for ME... it's crazy, and I'm so very thankful!
- DAY TEN: Again, I just had to write out the whole last paragraph... we've been so busy all month and we haven't taken the time to reflect on the GREATEST NEWS of all. We've been so caught up in our normal ordinary routine and forgetting to give him our extraordinary.
So, this last page I added a transparency and taped the calendar card on top. When you flip it, you see the journaling I did behind it. I thought it was a fun way to do a page.
THIS is totally what TRUTH SCRAP is about! Spending time with Jesus and some art supplies. I love having these little art journals, so we can look back and remember! Come join us! I can't wait to spend some time with you!
On a personal note: We've had such a crazy busy weekend and week. I thought it would be nice and relaxing this week, NOT. At least I have my devotional to wake up to each morning. I don't know how I could start my day without Jesus. I also am only spending about 15 minutes on each art journal page. It's just enough time to squeeze in some art worship and therapy from this crazy busy season. Anyone else feel the same way?