I've been enjoying a lot of art time and wanted to share with you my favorite style of art today. I love collage art! I love to layer pattern papers and then paint over them and doodle and stamp and just add more and more layers until I'm actually finished.
I have a confession to make. After I took this photo of what I thought was a finished project, I ended up adding even more layers of papers and paint and stamping. You'll see on Monday when I share my weekly pocket scrapbook page with this title card.
- any papers, I grabbed some die cuts and scrap paper and journal cards to match my photos for the week
- adhesive, I'm using a glue stick
- gesso and any paints you like
- doodling/journal pens, I'm using my new Ranger Fude Pen 1.5m
- craft mat
- stamps, I'm using acrylic paint dabbers to stamp with... my stamps are from Studio Calico stamps and my favorite household items stamps
- 1) adhere your paper scraps and die cuts to your base cardstock
- 2) using my brayer, I spread a thin layer of gesso over the top so I can still see the pattern but to stop the additional layers from soaking into the paper
- 3a) start adding layers of paint with stamping
- 3b) or using my fingertip to add some additional color
- 4) add some doodling and more finger-painting
- 5) finish off with some more stamping and/or some embellishing
The key really is to add layers and more layers until you are finally happy. I thought I was finished here, but when I started working on the other pockets, I wanted to add some orange into the color mix and you'll see that on Monday. Have fun, turn on some music and just enjoy the process. I really learn so much just from putting these tutorials together. I hope you enjoy them as much as I enjoy putting them together.
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links. I will receive a small commission on purchases made, using my link. Thank you for your continued support!