Oh my goodness, I can't tell you how much I love this Art Journaling Bible FB group and the amazing support and love. The art is seriously drop dead gorgeous and I love how everyone is so very different in their art worship.
So, a couple weeks ago I shared with the group how to create a "tip-in" for adding pages or journaling cards or ephemera. I showed crappy hotel photos of my Documented Life Planner with the "tip-ins" folded in and folded out. Since I was on vacation and didn't have my Journaling Bible with me, I couldn't do a little tutorial on how to do it.
So, now I'm doing a little tutorial on how to add ephemera or extra pages to your Journaling Bible that will flip in and out for additional note taking, journaling and art work.
The card I'm using is actually a playing card I found in the Target Dollar Spot that I painted with the heart. The washi tape is a Studio Calico Project Life® Kit exclusive. (speaking of Target Dollar Spot, there is always lots of goodies that are so perfect for mixed media art and scrapbooking, so I like to raid the bins once in awhile)
1. tear piece of washi tape the length of the edge of your ephemera and adhere it along the edge
2. Flip the page of your Bible over and line up the edges, with the ephemera underneath
3. fold the washi tape over
4. flip your Bible page back over, you may think you're done, but you aren't...
5. flip the ephemera out, you will see that some of the sticky washi tape is exposed in the crease... that's good, you want it that way in order for the ephemera to flip nicely
6. tear another length of washi tape, the same length as the ephemera, and adhere it down to cover the crease
7. I use my fingernail to really smooth it down in the crease and then fold it back in and VOILA!!!
And here is my Journaling Bible with the bulletin cover added in. I had folded it in half and painted on the other side a summary of why we "say YES to community."