I'm excited to have a new giveaway for you. I have a $5 Amazon.com Gift Card to give to one of my readers and I thought it would be fun to put together a list of must haves.
I just earned a $5 Amazon.com Gift Card from Swagbucks. If you've never heard of Swagbucks, it's an easy way of earning points through searching the web. The points can be used to purchase prizes or gift cards to many merchants. I'm not a very active Swagbucks user, so I only earn a gift card once every few months. I thought that it would be fun to share my recent prize with one of my readers. If you sign up, I'd love for you to use my referral link so I can offer more prizes on the blog more often. Thanks.
Here is my list of 5 things I think are must haves for my mixed media and/or pocket scrapping peeps. (Note: I have no affiliation with Amazon, so these links are not affiliate links.)
- Perler Beads - Multicolor Bag - have you seen the recent trend to melt these into "enamel dots". I haven't tried it yet, but I've seen pictures and I totally want to give it a try. There are so many different colors and some with glitter or strips. They look really cool and totally perfect. All you have to do is stand them up on parchment paper and at 325 degrees for about 20-25 minutes. Melt until the dimple disappears. I've heard varying results, some ovens take longer, so be sure to watch them. I've also read to make sure they are the Perler brand beads that you melt. I've seen people use pony beads and the odor is bad and I don't really want to have those toxins in my house. Perler beads are meant to be melted so they are safe to melt in the oven
- Label Letters by Tim Holtz - I have several packs of these and use them a ton on my pages. I love the size of them and they go with everything. I've used them for titling or even just for journaling. I can't tell you how much I think these are a must have for mixed media, art journaling and scrapbooking. They are by far my FAVE!!!
- American Crafts Fine Point Slick Writer Markers - These are great for writing on top of glossy and slick surfaces. I love them for writing on top of photos or mixed media projects that have been Mod Podged. It doesn't smear or slip around like most pens do when writing on the slick surfaces.
- Silhouette Printable White Sticker Paper - This is so perfect for printing and cutting labels and elements for your scrapbook pages or art journal pages. I love how nicely my prints come out and how perfect my labels and stickers turn out. I like to print and cut a whole page of labels for use in the future. You can find so many labels in the Silhouette store where you can fill with color and print and cut.
- Martha Stewart Gesso - I will admit that I haven't used this brand of gesso before, but I do have some of her acrylic paints and I LOVE them, so I can imagine that you will too. I love using gesso on my scrapbook pages to tone down a pattern or to prep for painting with mists or watercolors. I also use it a lot to prep my art journaling pages or mixed media projects. Gesso can be pretty expensive, so I like there there is a version in the $5 price range for those that don't use it a ton but want to use a little on their scrapbook pages or pocket pages.
Now for the fun part, enter below for your chance to win a $5 Amazon.com Gift Card. You will have until Saturday 12AM EST to enter and I will announce the winner on Saturday morning here on the blog and the winner will have one week to contact me for their prize and I will send the winner their code as soon as possible after they've contacted me.
a Rafflecopter giveaway